History of Gajewski family
Gajewski - ancient nobility and knights. Old arictocratic line of Ostoja, Lord senators of the Commonwealth. This distinguished family served Poland through many centuries and origin from the property of Gaj that belonged to the Ostoja Błociszewski family in Kościany county and formed new line of the Clan of Ostoja. First family member that used the name of Gajewski is Jakusz de Gaj is noted in Court recors year 1394 and that also styled himself Lord of Błociszewo to mark that the family origin from Ostoja Błociszewski family.
History of the family
Descadens of Ostoja Gajewski family in Gaj (Kościany (now Śrema) County) and Orla (nearby Jarocin):
Notable members of the family
- Jakusz Gajewski - Błociszewski in Gaj year 1394 that started new line of Ostoja - the Gajewski family
- Jan Gajewski - city notary of Kalisz 1578, deputy to the Lord of regality and City judge of Poznań year 1579, district judge of Poznań year 1581 and from 10.12.1587 to 20.01.1588 Marshal of the Sejm of Commonwealth
- Wojciech Gajewski - Lord regality of Ujsk and Lord of regality in Pilsk, member of Royal Court, sold property of Orla in year 1622
- Wojciech Gajewski from Błociszewo (born 1610) - Lord castellan of Rogozin 1639, owner of Czacz where he build himself a Palace
- Franciszek Gajewski (born 1675) - acquired County of Kościany from Gurowski, with the permission of the King year 1720 and in year 1730 he become Lord castellan of Konary-Kujawy
- Antoni Gajewski born 1710 - received permission from the King to acquire the County of Łęczyce from Szołdrski. He was Lord of regality in Kościany 1742-1752 and Lord castellan of Nakło year 1756
- Rafał Tadeusz Gajewski - received permission from the King year 1740 to acquire 1740 County of Gniezno from Szczaniecki. In year 1764 he was Lord castellan of Rogozin.
- Józef Gajewski - colonel of Royal Polish Army, died in the battle of Ostrołęka year 1831
- Franciszek Józef Gajewski - colonel and adjutant of Napoleon Bpnaparte, pułkownik, adiutant Napoleona, knight of Ordre national de la Légion d'honneur. He participated in november Uprising and was commander of Kalisz cavalery division
- Franciszek Gajewski - colonel of Royal army
- Władysław Michał Gajewski - commander od 20th division of cavalery PWK (Krakusi) in year 1939 during WW II, major in polish army.
- Wacław Maurycy Gajewski - director of finance department from Greater Poland of polish government in Wilno year 1942
- Teodor Gajewski - artist and sculptor, author of the monument of Christ year 1935 in Bydgoszcz
Members of Ostoja Gajewski family
Land and properties of the family
- Adam Boniecki