History of Świerczyński family
Świerczyński - knights and Lords, old line of Ostoja from Garbowo in Poznan county. The name origin from the property of Świerczyn, owned by Jan de Świerczyn in 1307. Comes Maciej, son of Jan was owner of properites Garby and Zieleniec, both properties was bought from Mleczko family. Antoni ruled the collegium in Bydgoszcz and in Krakow, he past year 1727.
Świerczyn is one of the oldest towns in Kuyavia because of the sources mentioned it already in 1282r. The emergence of the parish came after 1325, but more precisely the date can not be determined (it occurs in sources for the first time in 1427). Because the spruce was a noble village, it is expected that it was the owners built a church St.Matthew and had the patronage over it.
Janina Karolina Świerczyńska of Ostoja born 1877, past away 1966 in the property of Brwinów, wife of Stanisława Kowalewskiego of Dołęga, born 1866 in Żydów, oast away 1941 in Brwinów. Jan Świerczyński of Ostoja in property of Borzewo, husband of Kazimiera Maria Magdalena Zboińska of Ogończyk, lived between 1849 and 1878.
Henryk Józef Świerczyński of Ostoja, son of Piotr Paweł Świerczyński, born in 1863 in Teresin, Sochaczew county and countess Aniela Łubieńska de Łubne of Pomian clan and coat of arms. From this line, Edward Świerczyński of Ostoja 1957-1998. Jerzy Świerczyński of Ostoja, son of Henryk Józef Świerczyński, born 19th of june 1902 in Michałów, Błonie and Genowefa Walburg, 1914-1981. She was born in Jagniątki, Kutno 19th of february, past away in Łódź 27th of december. From this line, Mariusz Ostoja Świerczyński born 1981, Marcin Ostoja Świerczyński, born in 1987. Hanna Świerczyńska of Ostoja, born 20 V 1961 in Łódz, doughter of Jerzego Świerczyńskiego, 1940-1999 in Łódz and Jadwiga Frankowska, born in 1940.