Plik:Church from 1227-1330 Ostoja.jpg

Z Ostoya
Skocz do: nawigacji, wyszukiwania
Church_from_1227-1330_Ostoja.jpg(400 × 287 pikseli, rozmiar pliku: 50 KB, typ MIME: image/jpeg)

The Church of Saint Nicolaus (św. Mikołaja) in Wyszoscice

Roman Chapell that for the beginning was build for the purpose of Iwo de Consca (Konski), the Bishop of Krakow and Comes of the Clan of Prandocic (later Odrowaz). The chapell was build by Stonemasons from Heiligenkreuz nearby Vienna and Master from Wienerwald for the sculptures.

However, the Chapell was not finished by the time of Iwa's sudden death in Italy. The work was then continued by Nicolaus Ostoja de Sciborzyce but he also changed intensions of the work and made a Church instead of Chapell, then he also gave this Church land property. As Nicolaus Ostoja took over building of the Church, he employed local handcraft.

Nicolaus Ostoja's property Sciborzyce (in Malopolska) that was named after the name of his son Scibor, was situated just beside the village of Wyszocice (Wyssoczyce) that this Church was build in and he therefore was able to take over the property and finish the building. He called the Church after a patron Saint Nicolaus (św. Mikołaj) in order to be remembered as the one that finished the building. In the entrance, he also scratched the family sign of Ostoja (Moscic-Stibor), most probalby before it become a Coat of Arms. We date this family sign to before year 1232.

It is the only original Roman Church from that time in Poland, undestroyed and well kept.

Source: http://www.artteka.pl

By kind approval of Rafal Kalinowski of Artteka, founder of the Ostoja sign.

Historia pliku

Kliknij na datę/czas, aby zobaczyć, jak plik wyglądał w tym czasie.

Data i czasMiniaturaWymiaryUżytkownikOpis
aktualny17:57, 7 gru 2012Miniatura wersji z 17:57, 7 gru 2012400 × 287 (50 KB)Camdan (dyskusja | edycje) (The Church of Saint Michael in Wyszoscice Roman Chapell that for the beginning was build for the purpose of Iwa Konski, Comes of the Clan of Prandocic (later Odrowaz). The chapell was build by Stonemasons from Heiligenkreuz nearby Vienna and Master from )

Osobiste
Przestrzenie nazw
Warianty
Działania
Nawigacja
Narzędzia